By Mamta Aug 26 2015
Asian women definitely have beautiful skin! But for many Asian women, anti-aging is all about transforming skin into a darker or lighter, pale/brown shade, which is why Eastern Asia, China, Japan and Korea are big markets for skin whitening products. There, a light, fair skin tone is most desirable and is deeply rooted in the culture.
Avoid Smoking: Smoking causes cells to be starved of oxygen which results in dull, sallow, tired-looking skin. This will only add to the already yellow undertones of Asian skin.
Eat High-Antioxidant Foods: These fruits will give the skin anti-aging—from inside out:
- Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) are loaded with vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants to slow down the aging process.
- Dark skinned grapes provide more than 20 age-defying antioxidants.
- Citrus Fruits (lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruits) are all loaded with Vitamin C, the primary defense for anti-aging.
- Cantaloupe supplies as much Vitamin A and C most people need in an entire day when one quarter of this delicious melon is eaten.
Get Regular Professional Facials: Facials (like the ones at aura Skin Care and Laser) offer many benefits, but the three that most help Asian skin is the circulation-boosting effects (to keep the skin glowing), the exfoliation (to discourage brown spots from forming) and the skin brightening (to help lighten and fade skin discoloration).
Wear Sunscreen Daily:
The best way to prevent premature skin aging and lessen the development of brown spots
is to wear a sunscreen moisturizer 365 days a year, rain or shine, inside or out. Be sure to
apply it to the neck and exposed chest too. Our Daily Elta MD SPF40 works very well for
Asian skins without leaving a white layer cast on the skin.
Use a Skin Lightening Product: Because the skin is prone to discoloration, using a natural skin-lightening product daily under sunscreen can help prevent and fade stubborn brown spots. Product with Vitamin C, particularly Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate used in our Vitamin C&E Complex, is excellent for suppressing melanin activity, while being extremely gentle on sensitive Asian skin. Since discoloration comes out from heat and UV light, its best used every morning under sunscreen.
Keep the Skin Cool: Over-heated skin, from UV sunlight and even from exercise, will raise the temperature in the skin resulting in increased melanin activity. It’s important to keep the skin cool as much as possible. Post-workout, apply a cooling gel-based mask. (Contact to Mamta at aura skin care and laser for more information). This helps to instantly cool and calm the skin.
Exfoliate regularly, but gently: There’s no better way to keep Asian skin looking smooth, healthy and even-toned than with exfoliation products.
There are several ways to safely and gently exfoliate the skin:
- Facial Scrubs Asian skin can be sensitive so it’s best to avoid using facial scrubs with natural grains. They have sharp edges and can scratch and break the skin causing skin irritation. Instead, look for facial scrubs using polyethylene or micro bead lets that will gently roll across the skin. You’ll love our Stimulation and gentle exfroliant with Mint Buffing Beads and Micro Crystal Cream. (Contact at aura skin care for tips about how to safely use a facial scrub.)
- Mild Acid Serums These are considered chemical exfoliants because when applied to the skin and left on overnight, they chemically dissolve dry skin cells. These are nice because there is little effort required – you put it on under moisturizer and go to sleep. Try one of our Anti Aging Serums.
- Professional Skin Peels To give your skin a boost of exfoliation, above and beyond facial scrubs and Mild acid serums, professional skin peels are ideal for giving your skin amazing skin-smoothing results. You’ll love our Papaya and Pineapple Smoothing Peel and Pumpkin Smoothing Peel.
Follow these expert tips and you’re sure to keep your skin looking beautiful and glowing!
For more information contact:
aura skin care & laser
#102-7738 Edmond’s Street Burnaby
604-553-2872 / 604-616-9477